By , December 21, 2010 6:41 pm
Here's something every traveling Canadian should be aware of.  As you can probably guess by the address, this website is run by the Government of Canada. Here's a breakdown of a few of the resources it offers: Registration of Canadians Abroad - We offer a registration service for all Canadians traveling or living abroad. This service is provided so that we can contact and assist you in an emergency in a foreign country, such as a natural disaster or civil unrest, or inform you of a family emergency at home. Travel Reports & Warnings - Travel Reports offer information on safety and security, local laws and customs, entry requirements, health conditions and other important travel issues. Directory of Canadian Government Offices Abroad - This directory contains website and contact information for Canadian government offices abroad. These offices provide a variety of services to Canadians, including consular services. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - a detailed section answering a lot of travel related questions.  Everything from what to do during an emergency to filing your income tax and voting while abroad.

Leave a Reply